We welcome applications from working documentary photographers and photojournalists. The only criteria for showing work is that it is documentary in nature, and that you are a professional photographer, not currently in full time education, working in the pictures based industries.
Applications for our next edition (11th April) are being accepted until Friday 15th March 2019, 6pm.
Applications should be made via this online form.
Include in your application:
- A brief description of your project (no more than 200 words)
- What you hope to gain from doing Photo Scratch – are there particular issues or questions you are encountering to do with your project?
- A selection of low res jpegs from the proposed project (no more than 6 pictures, no more than 800kb each in file size)
- Any information you have about how you would want to display the work (prints, contact sheets, projection, do you need a table…etc.)
- Two links to where your work has been published or shared other than your own website. This should not be the work you are applying with.
If we can offer you a place, you will receive a confirmation email by Friday 22nd March 2019.
- At the Photographers’ Gallery pop-up Photo Scratch the work will be displayed on large tables.
- Photo Scratch is for work-in-progress only.
- Photo Scratch is predominantly focused on documentary photography and photojournalism, though projects that reach into the art side of things are also welcome if they are rooted in documentary. Challenging the form is always encouraged.
- Photo Scratch takes place in London. There is no fee to apply or participate, but you are responsible for your own costs associated with participating (transport, prints etc.)
- Photo Scratch is specifically for photographers who are not currently studying.