APPLICTIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR OUR APRIL 2020 EVENT AT THE PHOTOGRAPHERS’ GALLERY.
How to apply
We welcome applications from working documentary photographers and photojournalists. The only criteria for showing work is that it is documentary in nature, and that you are a professional photographer (full or part time), not currently in full time education.
You will be asked to include in your application:
- A brief description of your project (no more than 200 words)
- What you hope to gain from doing Photo Scratch – are there particular issues or questions you are encountering to do with your project?
- A selection of low res jpegs from the proposed project (no more than 5 pictures, no more than 800kb each in file size)
- Any information you have about how you would want to display the work (prints, contact sheets, projection, etc.)
- Two links to where your work has been published or shared other than your own website. This should not be the work you are applying with.
- Photo Scratch is for work-in-progress only.
- Photo Scratch is predominantly focused on documentary photography and photojournalism, though projects that reach into the art side of things are also welcome if they are rooted in documentary. Challenging the form is always encouraged.
- There is no fee to apply or participate, but you are responsible for your own costs associated with participating (transport, prints etc.)
- Photo Scratch is specifically for photographers who are not currently studying.
The next Photo Scratch event will take place on Thursday 23rd April 2020 at The Photographers’ Gallery, London.
Applications are now open.
Monday 9th March: applications open
Monday 30th March: applications close
Monday 6th April: photographers contacted by this date to confirm outcome of application.
Thursday 23rd April: PS at TPG